Saturday, October 30, 2004

Democracy: The God That Failed

From his new location in London, Gene Callahan this week reminds us on his blog:

"If you're sick of having an elitist, Ivy League alumnus, multi-millionaire, Skull-and-Bones member, warmonger as president, then be thankful you live in a country where you have the opportunity to replace him with a man who is an elitist, Ivy League alumnus, multi-millionaire, Skull-and-Bones member, and warmonger."
Reminds me of something I heard the great Ray Bradbury say during a college lecture many years ago. I'm paraphrasing: "The great thing about democracy is that every few years, you get a chance to throw out the bastards and bring in the sons of bitches!"

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks like nobody has made a comment in 6 months - so I thought as I was up at 4.25am I would put that right and say I agree with your sentiments - are you still in the UK???

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Wally Conger said...

Gene Callahan, who has a blog of his own he posts to, is still in the UK. I, on the other hand, remain here in (more rain than I've seen in a lifetime) California.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home