Sunday, February 12, 2006

A new libertarian heroine?

Our local multiplex is now displaying this poster for a new film that normally wouldn’t particularly intrigue me. But here’s the deal:

First, it stars Milla Jovovich, one of my favorite pieces of eye-candy.

Second, Ultraviolet is written and directed by Kurt Wimmer. The last movie Wimmer both wrote and directed was Equilibrium, an underground libertarian classic and the best film nobody saw in 2002.

Set in the late 21st century, Ultraviolet is about a growing civil war between “normal” humans and genetically-modified humans. Jovovich plays the title character, who finds herself protecting a kid who’s been marked for death by the government.

My interest has been, er, aroused.

4 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Equilibrium very late in 2002, but there weren't many people in the theater besides our party.

Vampires seem the rage. Ultraviolet fits that pattern.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Wally Conger said...

But libertarian vampires?

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger B.W. Richardson said...

I'm not saying I'd go to this movie just to see if that belt buckle slips any lower ... but I'm thinking it.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, can a chick contribute to this conversation? I saw Equilibrium, but it so unimpressed me I don't remember what was supposed to be libertarian about it. That's the one that had the Boromir actor in it, right? [Not that that would explain why I don't remember the movie, but ... well, .... er, never mind.]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home