Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Looking toward "Big Damn Movie 2"

My friend Brain worries that the Serenity actors’ contract options for doing a sequel expire this coming Saturday. I’m not so concerned. So the contract options expire. Can’t those options just be renewed?

Anyway, even though Serenity’s performance in theaters two years ago was less than stellar, the film’s DVD sales over the past 20 months were good enough for Universal to release a 2-disc “collector’s edition” last week. And I suppose if all us Browncoats buy the Big Damn Movie a second time, maybe, well, maybe Joss Whedon and crew will get a chance to do another film about the Greatest Sci-Fi Universe Ever. I bought my copy last Tuesday, as soon as it went on sale.

If you love Serenity, and even if you bought the original DVD, this new package is worth picking up. It’s got all of the bonus features from the first release, plus lots of new stuff, including a feature-length cast commentary (with Whedon, too) that manages to be plenty of fun.

I know, I know. You feel ripped off, as we all do when these special edition DVDs keep coming out with new stuff. You’re tempted to skip this new release altogether, just to show the industry they can’t keep kicking you around. But this new Serenity is a goodie, and if you buy it, you’re telling the suits at Universal that you wanna see Big Damn Movie 2. And you can always use your original DVD as a loaner to recruit new Browncoats. Good idea, huh?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be worried that they would dismantle the ship and sell off the parts to the Flash Gordon series.
Well anyway I just bought the 2-disc version since I already lent my single disc to someone and haven't got it back.....

SteVe

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw Joss! And I refused to get the Flash Gordon DVD release because there is a commentary track with Sam recorded but it's not on it. Crooks!

However, sadly, I predict that soon I will break and buy both of these. I'm so weak ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home