Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The road's clear for THE HOBBIT

I’m delighted to hear that Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema have not only settled their litigation related to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, they will also produce not one but two movies based on Tolkien's The Hobbit. Both will be shot simultaneously, the first released in 2010 and the second in 2011. Due to other commitments, Jackson will unfortunately not direct but will serve as executive producer.

Actually, judging from this photo, I think Jackson could also play a terrific Bilbo in the films.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Brian said...

I don't know if I'm excited about two movies. My cynical suspicion is that Jackson was going to make a four hour movie like he always does, and that he and the studio figured it would be more profitable to break it in two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home