Saturday, July 19, 2008

Overwhelmed by THE DARK KNIGHT

I’ve really got very little unique to say about The Dark Knight. It’s all being said elsewhere. Deb and I saw it yesterday afternoon. Then I needed a long nap. It’s exhausting. It’s grim, it’s downbeat, it’s scary, it’s unpredictable. Two months ago, I wrote here that Iron Man is one of the best comic book superhero movies ever. I could probably say the same thing about The Dark Knight, except this is less a comic book superhero movie than it is a sweeping noir crime epic. It’s tragic on an operatic scale. There are layers and layers of things to peel away and discuss about The Dark Knight. Right now, I’m just not up to the challenge. I don’t think I can do the movie justice.

But I just knew I had to check in before people started asking me about it.

See the goddamn thing. Just see it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home