Monday, June 09, 2008

Warning: HULK contains tobacco images!

I’m told that trailers for The Incredible Hulk, which opens Friday, include the warning “Contains depictions of tobacco consumption.” I hadn’t noticed. But I have noticed that smoking is so rare in movies these days that when it does occur, it’s almost startling.

I’m wondering, though, who’ll do most of the politically incorrect smoking in the Hulk film. My guess: Samuel L. Jackson as the traditionally cigar-chomping Nick Fury, director of SHIELD, whose post-credits cameo in Iron Man was, as I recall, free of the beloved stogie.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, I thought he turned around and took the stogie from his mouth to address Stark.

Of course I may be mistaken. Not as if there's anything unusual about that.

What I missed was Fury's Angry Flattop. Is there some kind of codicil to the SAG basic agreement that says Samuel L. has to sport a chrome dome?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home