Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The futility of political labels

On today's LewRockwell.com, James Leroy Wilson takes us on a wonderfully entertaining journey through the changing world of political labels. His essay ends with this:
"So, call me Federalist, or Anti-Federalist. Patriot or Rebel. Progressive or Populist. Liberal or Conservative. Libertarian. Call me American for supporting Jeffersonian principles. Or call me Anti-American when Jeffersonian principles conflict with the policies of our Glorious Leader, President Bush. Call me Right-wing because I want taxes cut. Call me Left-wing because I think everyone deserves a fair shake.

"Call me whatever you like. I don't know if it matters anymore. All I want is what the Revolutionary leaders wanted, to get our freedoms back."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home