Monday, July 25, 2005

THE TRAVELER: what's it worth?

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from "rooter," prompted by my book review of The Traveler on LewRockwell.com (and this blog) last week. It read simply:
"Subject book is full of weak sub-plots and improbabilities and not worth a $20 bill. You suckered me once!"
Naturally, I disagree with rooter's assessment of John Twelve Hawks' debut novel. But then, I only spent fourteen bucks on it at Costco. Maybe my expectations were six dollars lower...

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reviews I have read of The Traveler have all missed the point completely!!! Anyone who looks at the ideas proposed by Hawks will realize that it is a novel about avoiding government/corporate manipulation and control. Any ideas why the critics refuse to see this...

Hiding In Plain Sight

 

Post a Comment

<< Home