Thursday, July 14, 2005

Attention, wannabe Browncoats!

My pal Warren Bluhm has joined the Browncoats, that band of fans dedicated to Joss Whedon's all-too-brief 2002 TV series Firefly. After much prodding by myself and others to watch the DVDs, he finally did so and is now punchdrunk in love with the show.

Now Warren's reminding me to mention that SciFi Channel begins airing the complete 15-episode run of Firefly on Friday, July 22, at 7:00 pm ET/PT.

If you haven't seen the series yet -- and are in the least bit curious why a quickly cancelled TV show has built such a broad "cult" following and is even returning this fall as a full-blown theatrical movie (Serenity) -- here's your chance to catch up. And you can do so without having to either buy or rent the DVDs!
-----
Technorati Tags: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Browncoats, Warren! Now you just have to wait until September 30, like the rest of us. :(

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* September 30 seems light years away.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Warren Bluhm said...

I am going out on a limb and saying "Firefly" is this generation's "Star Trek," the canceled-too-soon TV show that becomes a major movie franchise. I tend to go a little overboard -- the last limb I climbed, I said "Smile" would debut at No. 1 on the Billboard chart, and it only hit #13. But all the prehype on "Serenity" says HUGE HUGE HUGE to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home