Saturday, April 29, 2006

Who is John Galt? Why, he's Brad Pitt!

The Hollywood trade paper Variety reports that Mr. and Mrs. Smith themselves, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, may be starring soon as John Galt and Dagny Taggart in a feature film of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. It seems that Lionsgate Films now owns the worldwide distribution rights to the film version of the novel, and Howard and Karen Baldwin will produce with John Aglialoro. Both Jolie and Pitt are reported to be longtime fans of Rand's.

I'm a longtime fan of Atlas Shrugged. And surprisingly, this casting news doesn't make me shudder.

We shall see...

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally see Jolie as Dagny Taggart. Pitt as Galt? Well, maybe. He has shown a versatility and intelligence.

Of course, we've seen several previous attempts to adapt AS for either television or cinema wither and die. It would be nice to actually see it happen.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Atlas Shrugged said...

I am also longtime fan of Atlas Shrugged.I want to talk with You about Ayn Rand's ideas.Please,bring the contact with me on the email annaewat@op.pl

This is my blog,
http://atlaszbuntowany.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home