Saturday, May 13, 2006

Surviving the coming Gas War

I just spent more than $45 filling up my Honda Accord. Which got me thinking: Will I be able to survive a Mad Max scenario where everybody's fighting for each precious drop of gasoline? I’ve probably got enough handguns. I’ve got a couple of shotguns. I’ve got lots of ammo and a big, tough-looking dawg (really a sweetie). But should I get hold of a compact hybrid car, or a supercharged muscle machine? How many grappling hooks will I need to effectively hijack a tanker truck? And most important...do I have enough pairs of cargo pants?

Fortunately, the survivalist dudes on the darkly humorous Destructomundo podcast have already thought out a lot of this shit. Listen to their podcast now or download it here.

3 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoulder pads and a mohawk will help you look at home in the MadMax-verse.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger jomama said...

Better...a burro, sombrero and some burlap sackcloth.

 
At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call dibs on the autogyro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home