Friday, June 15, 2007

Some emails are just plain scary

In August 2002, to mark the tenth anniversary of the federal government’s siege at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, I wrote a piece for LewRockwell.com titled “Remembering Randy Weaver.” Within 48 hours of its appearance, I received more than 200 emails about the article, almost all of them positive. Dozens of web sites linked to the piece. I was interviewed by a Christian radio station in Portland, Oregon.

Over the past five years, I’ve continued to receive no fewer than four or five emails each month from people who’ve just stumbled across the piece. The notes range from huzzahs, to questions about Weaver’s health (I don’t know Randy Weaver, so please stop asking), to long diatribes against government power. And not too often, but on occasion, I get something scary (and anonymous, of course) like I did this afternoon:

“Hello,

“One thing you failed to mention in your piece on Randy Weaver was the fact that he received over 3 million dollars for the death of his slut wife and bastard child. It’s just too bad you can’t raise the dead, so we can kill them again.”

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting use of the word "we" there toward the end. Perhaps Lon Horiuchi is angling for a fast-track to the FBI Director slot in a Giuliani administration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home