Thursday, July 19, 2007

Cooper and Neal: catch the fever!

While I’m on the subject of Ayn Rand, which I was yesterday, I should mention that I found the recent DVD release of 1948’s The Fountainhead, starring Patricia Neal and Gary Cooper, at Costco for just ten bucks. I’ve always had a fondness for that movie, so I couldn’t pass it up. The film transfer is very good, and the movie is great fun to watch. The disc is pretty barebones, though, its only extras being the old trailer and a short making-of documentary prepared, it seems, under the auspices of Leonard Peikoff. Not a bad documentary, really, but I’d rather hear the Rand vs. King Vidor story told without Peikoff looking over my shoulder.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the movie was great except for that awful courtroom sequence. I was prepared for it because I knew Cooper even admitted it needed far more passion. But still it dragged the whole movie down a notch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home