Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Praise for Ira Levin's great freedom novel

B.W. Richardson has posted a splendid review of Ira Levin’s This Perfect Day. I’ve long argued that the book is one of the finest freedom novels of the past four decades, and it really should be on every libertarian’s “must read” list. The crime is that it’s long out of print. Interesting, since just about everything else Levin’s written, good and bad, is now readily available. Brian spent a whopping $13 on eBay for a tattered paperback copy of This Perfect Day, but adds, “I do not want this book to be out of my possession ever again.” Take his word for it. Levin’s novel is a treasure.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read This Perfect Day years ago for the first time, i was probably 15. I found my old threadbare copy a few months ago, and picked it up last week. I reread it over the last few days and that brought it all back - it is possibly my favorite book, readable, great story, just what a novel should be. Thank you Mr. Levin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home