Monday, September 24, 2007

A distinctly 21st century problem

The second season of Heroes, one of my favorite things on TV, begins tonight. This event really snuck up on me. In fact, I didn’t realize how close it was until last week, and then it dawned on me that watching these first few episodes of the show may be very difficult here at Casa Conger. For one thing, Deb and I have a standing out-of-the-house commitment every Monday night, so Heroes is one of those series that we must record for later viewing. Second, we are right in the middle of a house remodel, and at this very moment, we’re in that stage where digital cable, new TV, DVR, etc. are all in transition, being shut off, shuffled, and then turned on again. From one minute to the next, for the coming month, we won’t know whether we have TV access in this house at all. Tonight, we’re covered. But through October? I suppose we must rely on the kindness of friends.

What the hell did we do before we could record our television programs? Alas, I can't remember back that far.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger B.W. Richardson said...

What the hell did we do before we could record our television programs? We wailed, gnashed our teeth and waited until summer. Even though I saw "Man Trap" on Sept. 8, 1966, there were three or four Star Trek episodes I never saw until long after VHS was invented.

Thank goodness, we are more civilized now.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Wally Conger said...

I remember that there were nights of the week when I was strictly unavailable for visits, phone calls, whatever. My girlfriend and I used to make sure we were back home by 11:30 every Saturday night just to watch SNL.

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! You guys are (almost) as old as I am! FWIW, I was in college when SNL first hit the airways.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Wally Conger said...

Happy, I was also in college when SNL first aired in -- what? -- 1975.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home