Monday, October 22, 2007

HEROES: losing its coolness?

You might have noticed that I haven’t written anything so far about season two of Heroes. Here’s why: I’ve been sooooo disappointed. This series, which captivated me last year, seems to have already lost its oomph. Nothing is happening! Cheerleader Claire is in California, still amazed at her regenerative powers and mooning for a new boyfriend. Hiro is stuck in the Wayback Machine, and I keep wishing Ando was there with him; at least we’d have some fun dialogue. Peter’s lost his memory and is hanging out with thugs who have really sad Irish accents. Last week, Nathan shaved off his beard, which provided that episode’s only real excitement. I understand that this particular story arc — Volume 2 — probably has only two or three episodes left before we move elsewhere. So c’mon, gang, let’s get rolling!

Kristen Bell, who so enchanted me as Veronica Mars for three years, makes her first-ever appearance this evening as Elle, a new "hero" who might be not-so-nice. I’m hoping she kicks this series back into high gear.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veronica Barsoom I would have watched ...

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, that was me taking the snarky Veronica Barsoom cheapshot, not Anon A. Mouse.

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night's chapter 5 was a great improvement and much more reminiscent of last year.

Until last night the best thing about this year's Heroes was that it induced me to watch Journeyman's first episode - and now I'm thoroughly hooked.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger B.W. Richardson said...

(Trying to avoid spoilers here) The only thing is I thought Matt and Nathan were way too easily fooled by you-know-who - they were smarter than that last year. But I agree the show is getting closer to where it was after a slow start.

From what I hear, anonymous, enjoy Journeyman while we have it - the ratings are tanking.

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEROES IS TANKING BECAUSE TWO NYC ARTISTS FILED A LAWSUIT AGAINST TIM KRING AND NBC FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
TIM KRING IS A THIEF AND HE SHOULD GO TO PRISON.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home