Thursday, February 14, 2008

David Luiz RIP

My brother-in-law David’s fight against his cancer wasn’t long. He was diagnosed this past October; he died Tuesday night. It’s a blessing, I suppose, that his struggle was so short and that he didn’t have to deal with excruciating pain, particularly near the end, any longer than he did. On the other hand, it’s a shock for us survivors. David was just 59. Graveside services for immediate family are Saturday. A celebration of David’s life (i.e., memorial service) will be held the following weekend. If you don’t hear much from me for awhile, you’ll know where I am.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Warren Bluhm said...

All of the things I can think to say would be inadequate. Red and I feel your pain.

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you loss (while also grateful he didn't suffer longer/more). My thoughts are with you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home