Thursday, April 03, 2008

Yes, I re-read books...a LOT

People often look at my shelves and shelves of books and ask, "Have you read all of these?" The answer is no...some are still waiting to be read. Now, John DeNardo over at SF Signal asks, “Do you like re-reading books? Which ones and how often?”

Well, I do read a lot. I also re-read a lot. Since John’s specifically asking about science fiction, I’ll mention that I’ve read Alfred Bester’s The Stars My Destination three or four times, his The Demolished Man at least twice. I’ve read Heinlein’s The Moon is a Harsh Mistress at least three times and Starship Troopers twice. I read Edgar Rice Burroughs, particularly the Mars series and the first six Tarzan books, over and over. I’ve read Asimov’s original Foundation Trilogy twice. I revisit Vonnegut regularly. I’ve read Schulman’s Alongside Night at least eight times over the past 25 years. Shit, I even read Vin Suprynowitz’s The Black Arrow twice in a single year. My brain’s freezing up. Oh, yeah, I’ve read Sam Delaney’s Nova three times — I adore that novel. Suffice it to say, I re-read a lot of stuff. Isn’t that the point of collecting books?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there's much merit in re-reading books. Each time I re-read a book that's caught my eye, I collect another jewel I overlooked the time before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home