Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Catch an early flight aboard Serenity

Gee, I'm a big comic book fan -- and an equally big fan of Joss Whedon's cult TV series Firefly (as anyone who's visited this blog more than twice ought to know by now). But until this afternoon, I hadn't heard anything about the three-issue Serenity miniseries now being published by Dark Horse Comics. The first issue was released and sold out about four weeks ago, but I was able to score a "second edition" of it plus the just-released second issue today. The third and final issue should be in comic shops in the next week or two, just prior to the nationwide release of Serenity, the highly anticipated Firefly spin-off movie, on September 30.

Anyway, this comic book series is written by Joss Whedon himself (with assistance from Brett Matthews) and illustrated by Will Conrad. And it's not an adaptation of the upcoming film, even though it shares the movie's title. Rather, it's a brand new Firefly story that bridges the TV series to the movie, so hardcore Browncoats won't want to miss this.

For you collectors/completists: each issue of this series features three distinct covers, one for each member of the Serenity crew and each drawn by a different artist.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger B.W. Richardson said...

I'd heard about the series but I haven't been to the local comic store in about six years. I suppose I'd better get down there. If Joss co-wrote it, it's part of the official "canon," doncha know. But I'm only buying one copy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home