Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Road Not Traveled

...or why I'm not at the Freedom Summit in Phoenix this weekend after all.

My intentions, as I reported earlier this week, were to drive the 600 miles (8-9 hours) to Arizona for the conference. Well, I was waylaid early Thursday morning (1:00 a.m.) by a brief trip to the ER with severe dizziness. Seems I have a viral inflamation or irritation in my inner ear, causing "labyrinthitis," plus a variety of sinus ills. Not enough, since I've taken a few motion sickness pills, to keep me down entirely, but certainly enough to keep me off Interstate 10 for the time being.

I regret missing this conference, and especially not meeting a few friends old and new along the way. Next year, I hope.

In the meantime, I still plan to be in San Mateo next Friday and Saturday for the LewRockwell.com benefit conference. Maybe I'll see a few of you there.

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wally, 'missed you in AZ but am glad you weren't endangering other drivers by weaving all over the road. 'Hope to see you in San Mateo on Friday. I'll bring you the audio CD of all the talks to listen to, if you're interested. I think Stu Krone's on electronic privacy (NOT) would especially be of interest.
Jane

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so that's what happened to you! I'm sorry you missed the conference, but sounds like there wasn't a way around it. Next year, perhaps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home