Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Launching a meme

This particular meme tag is now making the rounds through some of the sci-fi blogs, and it caught my fancy. No one’s tagged me with it, but I thought, why not launch it myself among my comrades? Here we go...

One book that changed your life

Optimism One, by F.M. Esfandiary

One book that you have read more than once

Hell, I’ll name four:

The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
The Stars My Destination, by Alfred Bester
Tarzan of the Apes, by Edgar Rice Burroughs
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, by Hunter S. Thompson

One book that you would want on a desert island

The Complete Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

One book that made you laugh

Winterdance: The Fine Madness of Running the Iditarod, by Gary Paulsen

One book that made you cry

Winterdance: The Fine Madness of Running the Iditarod, by Gary Paulsen

One book you wish had been written

How I Fucked Up, by John Maynard Keynes

One book you wish had never been written

The Social Contract, by Jean Jacques Rousseau

One book you are currently reading

The Haunted Air, a Repairman Jack novel by F. Paul Wilson

One book you have been meaning to read

Macrolife, by George Zebrowski

Now tag five people

Warren Bluhm
Roderick T. Long
B.K. Marcus
Wendy McElroy
Brad Spangler

1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RadGeek's gonna have a cow. He keeps telling everybody that there's no such thing as a meme.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home