Saturday, August 11, 2007

Will I find a deal on Priceline.com?

My semi-major home remodel is kicking the shit outta my wallet right now, so I doubt I’ll be among the first to check into Galactic Suite when it opens for outer space business in 2012. A three-day stay at the three-bedroom (i.e., three-pod) boutique space hotel, says Xavier Claramunt, director of the company planning the hotel, will cost $4 million; that also includes eight weeks of intensive training at a space camp. The price is out of my range, but Claramunt says in a Reuters story: “We have calculated that there are 40,000 people in the world who could afford to stay at the hotel. Whether they will want to spend money on going into space, we just don’t know.” Well, were it not for the cost, I’d be there in a snap. If any readers out there want to help defray the expense of my staying at Galactic Suite, please contact me ASAP.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Mike said...

"Xavier Claramunt, director of the company planning the hotel, will cost $4 million; that also includes eight weeks of intensive training at a space camp."

I wonder if you get a discount if you go a second time and don't need the training. Or if you present a certificate from a competing, cheaper training facility....

The possibilities are endless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home