Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Buckaroo Banzai returns!

It’s no secret that one of my favorite films of all time is the 1980s cult classic The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. (Just check out my profile on this blog.) So it should come as no surprise at all that I’ve got my knickers in a twist of excitement over Moonstone Books’ announcement that next March, Buckaroo will be returning in a new two-issue comic book miniseries prequel to the movie. The two-parter will flashback to Banzai’s early musical career with the Hong Kong Cavaliers and explain just what happened to Peggy Priddy at the hands of the nefarious Hanoi Xan. Best of all, the series is written by original Banzai screenwriters Earl Mac Rauch and W.D. Richter. I’ve already got my local comics shop on alert.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's entirely awesome.

Along with Buckaroo Richter wrote the screenplay for Big Trouble in Little China - two of the coolest movies ever - and hence is a god.

Even if he did accidentally write Stealth as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home