Monday, November 12, 2007

Good times, tempered by bad news

I’m sorry there’s been no blogging for awhile. It’s been a mixed week here.

One high point is the progress on our home remodel project. Bedrooms were all thoroughly painted last week, and new wood laminate flooring is being installed in those rooms at this very minute. At this rate, our nights of sleeping in the living room should be over by this next weekend. We could be done with everything but annoying little odds and ends by Thanksgiving; Christmas in the “new, refreshed” house looks very good.

Another high point was Saturday, when Deb and I drank our way along the Madera Wine Trail with dear friends we seldom get a chance to see. Good wines, good food, good friends — a great weekend.

Unfortunately, all these wonderful things were diminished by news that my brother-in-law has been diagnosed with cancer. No details yet about treatment, but a cloud now hangs over the coming holidays.

Keep us in your thoughts.

6 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Joel Davis said...

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Having plenty of family members who have had cancer (a few who have died from it) I'm a little familiar with it. But optimistically most of the family members that had cancer, were able to catch it early enough to where it's not life-threatening. I don't know what condition he's in but it could very well turn out that all this comes to is a surgery mixed in with a series of hospital visits

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Wally Conger said...

Joel, thanks for your encouragement and kind words.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wally, I sincerely hope that your brother-in-law's cancer has been detected early and that it is easy to cure.

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. At the risk of being a buttinsky, might I suggest you point your brother-in-law to the World's Healthiest Foods? There are foods that can help fight cancer, as well as help prevent it.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Wally Conger said...

Sunni, thanks for the tip. I'll pass it on, and visit the site myself. Like you, I'm convinced that diet can help fight and prevent cancer. Now I've just gotta start paying more attention to the food I'm stuffing into my face.

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are most welcome, my friend. If you do nothing else, grow a big pot of Italian parsley and use it generously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home