Tuesday, January 15, 2008

An Ode to Summer

John DeNardo over at SF Signal is enamored with Summer Glau. So much so, he writes, that “despite my lackluster viewing experience with The Sarah Connor Chronicles, one bright spot remains: Summer Glau. Tough female characters are irresistible, and Summer plays them well. (See also: Serenity.) Yet whenever I hear her name, I don’t think of the elfin beauty or the kick-@$$ karate moves…I think of that damn ’70s song from Seals and Crofts called ‘Summer Breeze.’” So John delightfully offers the following in Summer’s honor:

Summer Glau (Makes Me Feel Fine)
(Sung to the tune of “Summer Breeze” by Seals and Crofts)

See the girl all curled up in the cryo
Not a stitch of clothing found in sight
Mal is ticked off wond’rin’ ’bout the Doctor
I don’t care, I’m feeling alright

CHORUS
Summer Glau, makes me feel fine
I can’t shake her image from my mind
Summer Glau, makes me feel fine
I can’t shake her image from my mind

See the tree branch lying on the cold deck
She picks it up, maybe thinks it’s fun
Snap us back to now, see the worried crew
Don’t look now but River’s got a gun

[CHORUS]

Followed by agents, their hands painted blue
They have no idea just what she can do
’Cause when she sees what’s playing on TV
Fruity Oaty Bars, now it’s time to kick @$$

See the angel punching and a kickin’
Not really sure what she could do
She’s a weapon, a source of destruction
She’s a vital part of Malcolm’s crew

[CHORUS]

Speaking of The Sarah Connor Chronicles, I have the two-part pilot recorded on the DVR. I’ll try to get to it tonight and post my thoughts here later this week.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can kill you with my brain

 

Post a Comment

<< Home