Saturday, April 05, 2008

Ultraviolet strikes again!

As a very big fan of action movie goddess Milla Jovovich, I am of course intrigued by anything even remotely associated with her. So I feel compelled to report here that on July 1, in Japan, the Animax satellite TV network will launch its Ultraviolet: Code 044 anime series, directed by Osamu Dezaki. This is a spin-off from Ultraviolet, the 2006 Kurt Wimmer movie that starred Milla as the future's hottest sword-wielding, gun-kata practicing freedom fighter. I will have to give this a look when it becomes available here.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370032/trivia), "Screen Gems edited the film from its original length of 120 minutes to 88 minutes, against the wishes of director 'Kurt Wimmer' "

Any idea if that's true? I have the 94-minute DVD version you link to, and from what I've read about the 88-minute theatrical release it's clearly superior (in that it makes some sense.) But if a two-hour version exists, I'd really like to see it.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Wally Conger said...

Victor, Ultraviolet is one of my guilty pleasures, and I'd love to see a full two-hour version myself. Doubt we ever will, though, alas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home