Wednesday, November 14, 2007

How to use a ring-tone for political outreach

Yesterday morning, waiting in line at Starbucks, my cell phone rang.

Actually, my phone doesn’t ring for incoming calls. Like many cell phones these days, it plays a song. In the case of my phone, it plays John Lennon’s “Give Peace a Chance.”

“Your ring-tone reminds me of the old days in college,” said the woman behind me, after I’d finished my call. “We used to sing that song a lot during antiwar sit-ins. It’s too bad so few people seem to care enough to participate in demonstrations when we most need them right now.”

“So true,” I agreed. And with that, we spoke briefly of Bush’s saber-rattling and of how the Democrat “opposition” is really no opposition at all. Then we collected our coffees and parted company.

I wish I'd been armed with appropriate Libertarian Left pamphlets. I must make a habit of carrying some before another opportunity like this one arrives.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home