Friday, June 23, 2006

Raise high the flag of liberty!

Just another week or so till Independence Day. And for the fifth consecutive year, I’ll be shaking out my Gadsden flag and hoisting it for the holiday. I spent seven bucks for the flag at a gun show back in the mid-’90s, and it’s served me well. Even though it’s made of cheap flammable polyester.

When I wrote a full-blown piece on the Gadsden flag a few years ago, there wasn’t too much info available about it on the Internet. Now Chris Whitten offers a whole web site dedicated to the Gadsden, chock full of history, images, news, and even links to nifty merchandise. Maybe I’ll upgrade my flag this year.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Gadsden flag too. I have a small one hanging by my door, dangling from a shelf of liqeuer bottles over my dresser.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home